Friday, February 3, 2012

What kind of plant can I grow near a hot tub?

I have 2 small planter boxes that came with my hot tub gazebo. What can I grow in them? Full shade. I don't want anything too tall. I would prefer color. I guess fern is OK to. What kind though?

What kind of plant can I grow near a hot tub?
Geraniums come in a wide variety of scents and colors and tolerate shade. Hostas thrive in damp and shady conditions and have nice leaves, not as much color. For fragrance try Honeysuckles or Sweet box. Ferns are good - Spider plants are also good in the shade. Sorry, I couldn't find too many color plants for you. You might want to plant bulbs in the planter boxes in addition to your plant because if it dies off in the winter, when spring comes around you will get some sweet and colorful surprises in your planter boxes. Narcissus, freesia and lillys are colorful and fragrant bulbs. Plus they will multiply yearly if you leave them in there (fertilize) and you can separate them and plant extras in your yard
Reply:boston fern with other ferns and dwarf aucuba


No comments:

Post a Comment