Sunday, February 12, 2012

How do it install things on my vinyl sided home?

Having lived in a geodesic dome, a log home, several brick homes, etc.....I now have a vinyl-sided one.



I'm wanting to put up some plant hanging brackets for my baskets of ferns %26amp; flowers. I also need to hang a bug-zapping light. I've got a 27" decorative piece that is a basically a pottery smiling sun with rays of 3/8" iron. Weight 8-10 pounds. I'd like to hang over a set of French doors.



Living in hurricane country I'm worried about the 4 sets of French doors staying shut. Only 1 side opens in each set of doors. The all have regular locks %26amp; deadbolts. I also worry about wind-blown water coming in.



I need to get to work on all this asap. Help please! Thanx

How do it install things on my vinyl sided home?
You'll need some tin snips , maybe a utillity knife , square, and they have cool little tool for prying back the sideing. Otherewise you can kinda slap and drag down . To seperate area you want to cut out for brackets.

The bottom of each peice hooks on top of the top peice.

Once you get them seperated , you can cut , Should be easy to figure out .
Reply:Vinyl siding is installed with the nailheads left sticking out a small amount. This is for expansion and contraction. Anything that would "pin" the siding down to the house would impede the process. The seals on your french doors should prevent the things you are worried about if they were installed correctly. Doors the same way.


No comments:

Post a Comment