Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How can I protect my hanging plants, ferns & buganvilias from freezing in the cold weather. I live in louisana

They can always be brought under cover if they are portable. if not then try covering them up with clear pastic at night, might help.

How can I protect my hanging plants, ferns %26amp; buganvilias from freezing in the cold weather. I live in louisana
Bring them in and try to put them in a sunny window such as a south facing window. If you wish, you can cut them back to make them smaller for your house. They will grow back next summer.



Water, but do not keep wet.



Do not put them back outside until all frost warnings have past next spring/summer.



We have a table in front of a south facing window and bring many of our plants indoors before the first frost which will probably be in the next week or so. We don't put ours outside until the night temps get into the 70's.
Reply:Have them indoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment