Friday, February 3, 2012

Who painted a picture of a naked male laying on his stomach outside next to a terracotta pot?

I remember seen this extremely beautiful painting which I think was done in the mid 19th Century or early 20th Century, possibly an English artist, on the British Antiques Roadshow many years ago and it has stuck in my head ever since. I believe the painting is of a male either in Northern Africa or Spain, you can see the top of his head, shoulders, buttock and legs and also a pot possibly terracotta on one side and maybe a fern/plant on the other.

I would love to know who painted this and maybe find a print of the amazing picture.

Who painted a picture of a naked male laying on his stomach outside next to a terracotta pot?
It's possible this painting is not well documented. Especially if it is in private hands. Maybe you could try contacting The Antiques Roadshow people to see if they have it documented.

Gumps

No comments:

Post a Comment