Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Will asparagus ferns surive the winter in Oklahoma if stored in the garage out of the weather?

I had the asparagus ferns outside last summer and fall. Before the frost I moved them inside the garage. They have mostly turned brown and the "leaves" are falling off. I haven't cut them back to the stem, is that what I should do?

Will asparagus ferns surive the winter in Oklahoma if stored in the garage out of the weather?
They are hardy to 14 degrees. If it got colder than that, sorry.
Reply:cut it back an check if the little bulbs in the dirt are still plump or all dried up , then start with a little water to start regrowth a repotting would help alos I ve over wintered then in my basnent with good luck just dont let them dry out or there dead 6 in an th etrim job should be sufficent

sandals church

No comments:

Post a Comment