Sunday, February 5, 2012

What's the best way to transfer ferns?

I have a lot of ferns in my yard... and they are beautiful! So beautiful that we have people stop by on a daily basis asking to purchase some so they can plant them in their yards... so what's the best way to transfer them... how far should I dig? do they need to be potted? etc...

What's the best way to transfer ferns?
Depends on the fern species. If you want to do this, I'd probably leave your ferns intact and start some sporelings to sell or give away.



http://amerfernsoc.org/ (click on the "growing" link and then on "common species")



Note that fern species are *really* picky about their environmental conditions, so if you've got some nice organic soil and shade, the species you're raising probably won't make it in someone elses' sunny yard.
Reply:I just dig them and replant them, put a little plant food in the hole.

just make sure you get the root ..........


No comments:

Post a Comment