Tuesday, February 7, 2012

There are ferns growing in my woodsy back property, if I dig them up and pot them for the house, will they?

carry plant bugs on them that will infect my other houseplants? Is there a product I can spray on the ferns to kill bugs safely?

There are ferns growing in my woodsy back property, if I dig them up and pot them for the house, will they?
Provide similar conditions indoors and the ferns will thrive. Provide moisture by misting the fronds. A organic bug killer is soapy water. Doesn't hurt you, the plants or your pets. A couple of drops of dish detergent in warm water then mist the plant to kill bugs.
Reply:You can transplant them as long as you are careful in digging them up, keeping the roots in tact, and when you transplant them, give them plenty of water. I like to use saftey side, which is safe for the plants, but will kill the bugs. You will need to spray them every week until the bugs are gone. SAFTEYSIDE, is a great product, and is safe........


No comments:

Post a Comment