Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Houseplant: Boston Fern -- I have tended this plant for years, but now it needs some help.?

How can I successfully repot it so it will grow thick and lush again? Do I retain the crown or the roots?

Houseplant: Boston Fern -- I have tended this plant for years, but now it needs some help.?
Cut the Fern back severely, use a sharp knife and divide the root ball into four parts. Repot in a pot large enough for root growth. In about two months you will have four beautiful Boston Ferns. I like to use a spray bottle to mist my ferns. I usually do this once a day.
Reply:Pull the root ball out of the pot. Cut about 1 inch from the bottom of the ball and repot it into a slightly larger pot. Add Fresh potting soil. AFTER all that is done, take a pencil and poke some holes into the top of the ball near the stems to allow some areation. Feed with a miracle grow, water solution....Good Luck

barber

No comments:

Post a Comment